Greetings!  EPIC5-0.0.8 is now available at:

        ftp://ftp.epicsol.org/pub/epic/EPIC5-ALPHA/EPIC5-0.0.8.tar.gz
        ftp://ftp.epicsol.org/pub/epic/EPIC5-ALPHA/EPIC5-0.0.8.tar.bz2

It has come to my notice that interest in EPIC5 has not been taking off
because people are waiting for a stable release.  Although there are a
lot of features people have asked me to add to EPIC5, I notice that the
features I do add aren't being tested (or acknowledged), probably because
people are waiting for a stable release to target for their scripts.

Ok.  So I'm going to blink first.  I've decided to impose a feature freeze
and this version of EPIC5 is a release candidate for a stable beta.  If
you want to test EPIC5-0.0.8, to see if it's ready, go ahead.  As far as
anyone can tell me, epic5 is very stable, just lacking in some features.
If I don't hear anything to the contrary, I will release an official stable
beta release, epic5-0.1.0, which will be suitable for wide use.

Remember, in epic-dom, "alpha" means "probably stable, possibly not",
"beta" means "definitely stable, probably lacking some features", and
"production" means "stable, and feature-complete".  A beta release is
ready to rock and roll for scripters.

Enjoy!
Jeremy