As you may or may not know, @#channel messages are considered to be
/on msg_group messages, and not /on public messages.

The following shim (or something like it) is customarily used to
route these @#channel messages to the correct window:

        on ^msg_group "% @% %" {
                xecho -w $chanwin($rest(1 $1)) <$0:$1> $2-
        }

It has been proposed that epic should be smart enough to handle these
messages natively without a script shim.  I am not against this idea,
but it would be nice if some of you would give me your opinions.

Although 'builtins' has been reserved until now for backwards compatability
with epic4, It seems like something like this would fit in nicely there.

What do you all think?
Jeremy