On Tue, Oct 10, 2006, Jeremy Nelson wrote:
> We will, by default, make all of the above functions, except for
>       getopt          glob            globi
> not support double quoted words.  That means, double quoted words have
> no special meaning, and double quotes are considered regular old characters.

That sounds a lot like nitpicking, but I'd like to propose one
exception.

$unsplit()'s first argument should be a double quoted word regardless of
/xdebug settings, as it is never an unvalidated string and it's useful
to $unsplit(", " <word list>).

As for the rest of the changes, I have no reservations.