So I personally don't have much love for mIRC users, but the fact
remains that they (sadly) make up the majority of IRC users these
days. They also have an annoying tendency to use ^C01 instead of ^O to
"reset" the text color, since mIRC stock comes with black text on a
white background.

We, as console dwellers, don't live in this eyeball-scorching world,
most of the time.

So here's my idea, as I first proposed it to hop, his refinements later:

We remap the colors so that the bright colors and the non-bright
colors are reversed, and rearrange the white<->black contiuum so that
^C01 is non-bright white (standard IBM grey) and ^C00 is black
(invisible to mIRC users and us), etc.

hop said (rightly) that rearranging the colors would ultimately lead
to complaints, and that it has also (apparently) been discussed here,
so he proposed an alternative: a /set mapping, where stock,
out-of-the-box EPIC has mIRC-standard colors, and you can rearrange it
with the /set if you feel like it. Another option is a compile-time
#define or ./configure --with-rearranged-colors-nonsense switch, but
hop seemed to ignore me when I mentioned that :)

The /set gets us runtime-reconfigurability, and the #define gives us
speed, and both of them give us (mild, imo) code complexity increases,
which I would be willing to deal with (implementing, of course, and
patching, maintaining, etc), if that has to happen. But before
anything happens, you people must be heard from. So, what do you all
think?

Remappable colors, yay or nay?

- pegasus