It's been proposed that a major release of epic5 should be made.  Although
epic5 isn't feature complete, epic4-1.0 wasn't feature complete either, so
it's not like we haven't ever done this before.

Right now, the code base is very stable and no known bugs are known about.
Unfortunately real life has been keeping me from spending as much time on
epic as I would like, so it's been proposed that making a production release
would raise interest in the project.

If we did do a production release now, some very obvious features are still
missing that we always said we would deliver (utf8 support and being able to
move stuff between your windows being the two biggest ones), but there is
not really any timeframe for when those would happen anyways.

So the question on the table is whether we should make a production release
of epic5 as it currently stands just to do it, or whether we should continue
down the path we have been travelling?

Jeremy