>hi,
>There is a channel, #fedora-cn on freenode, which uses utf-8
>enconding. When I use epic to join it, I always get invaild
>displaying. Is epic support utf-8? How can I configire this?
>
>I am using epic-2.6-2.fc8 on fedora 8.

Unfortunately, epic can only do "pass through".  What I mean by "pass
through" is that the display of utf8 characters is controlled by your
terminal emulator (for example, "xterm" or "putty").  If your terminal
emulator supports utf8, then everything should work except for column
wrapping, which will be wrong, because epic does not yet know how to
properly count columns for utf8 encoding.

If, however, you're not using a utf8 terminal emulator, then you would need
support in epic to convert utf8 strings into whatever your terminal emulator
can display.  Unfortunately, there is no support for that in epic today,
either in epic4 or in epic5.  It is hoped that as we learn more about i18n
of console applications, or if someone who has experience with this offers
us advice and code, we can make that a reality someday.  But because
this is just a volunteer project, I can offer no suggestion when it might
happen.  Some day. =)

Thanks for the question!  Sorry about the unhappy answer.
Jeremy Nelson