I promised not to break anything until epic5-1.0 was released.  Well now
it's done, and it's time to make iconv() a mandatory dependancy.  If you
build epic binaries from source, you *_MUST_* have iconv() installed and if
you are a package maintainer, epic *_MUST_* depend on iconv() support
being installed somehow.

Up until now iconv() has been an optional dependancy but this is going to
change.  This was all discussed and vetted on the mailing list, so there
is no going back.  Iconv() is critical to utf8 support, which will be the
main impetus of epic5-1.2.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  It is expected
that this cutover will happen 'real soon now'.

Jeremy