From: List [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On Behalf Of Adam Thompson
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:20 AM
To: pfSense Support and Discussion Mailing List <list@lists.pfsense.org>;
Manuel Dejonghe <man...@dejonghe.de>
Subject: Re: [pfSense] 2.4 Bricked my APU4 Netgate

If you're going to even consider blaming widely-used software for hardware
problems, then absolutely, yes, please do this, if only to stop the accusations.
If you don't reboot regularly, now's a good time to change that policy, too.
We aren't running NetWare 3.1 any more.  No reboots = no patches.
And of course be aware that many hardware problems only show up at reboot.  The
Intel Atom flaw being the most recent prominent example I can think of.
-Adam