Sterling wrote:
> Hey, a great script idea that I've been wanting to do for some time
is write the code to parse in and write out standard gzip headers so
then REBOL could read and write standard gzip'd files.  I think you'd
also have to write the particular checksum code that's in gzip but for
a decompression first pass you could skip the checksum check.

> Next step after that: TAR

REBOL Enhancement request:

                read/zip %MyZipFile.zip ; produces a block of data.
                read/tar %MyTarFile.tar
        etc...

                write/zip %MyZipFile.zip [; Block of data]
                write/tar %MyTarFile.tar [; Block of data]
        etc...

                write/tar %MyTarFile.tar read/zip %MyZipFile.zip
        etc...

Andrew Martin
It seemed an innocent enough request at the time...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-