Hi Slong,
you wrote:

>Starting with the last reveision, SuSE is selling through CompUSA at $29
>US.  I think SuSE doesn't get much revenue this way, but the book and
>six CD are sure moving!

I believe SuSE reported $15Mio. in revenue for last year. That's not bad
for printing a few CD's, writing a book and adding some installation
software. Ok, probably they also do a little quality assurance. Still,
their making that money by distributing something that is essentially free,
can be downloaded from the Internet for those who have enough bandwidth, is
distributed by quite a few companies and adding a little value, including a
book. Know of a Linux book that has generated $15Mio. in one year?

Elan