> At the sametime I'm thinking of BEOS.  They have a beautiful product but
> their pricing is keeping the OS out of the hands of the people that could
> make it a player.  I may be wrong but I don't think BEOS will ever be a
> contender simply because the owner is so intent in making money from day
> one.

Yes, BE don't quite understand the value of students, I made a request about
student/academic pricing
because we wanted to include it in our Comparitive Operating Systems
course..They responded that they thought
it was cheap enough. Suffice to say BEOS is not studied and OS's we could get
cheap or free are.

Cheers,

Allen K