From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 1999 3:40 .-* +
Subject: [REBOL] Re: Rebol cgi programs

Hello Johan,

I'm by no means a CGI expert, but maybe some experiences I've had can help
you.

I believe that most (all?) web servers must be configured to know which
directories contain (cgi-)scripts and which contain data.
Standard is data, and that's what happens when the url is refered in your
case - the server see your .r file and doesn't recognize the extension,
after which it returns the file as text/plain.

You are probably not allowed to set permissions/modes on the directories.

If there is a directory in your site root called cgi-bin, you might try
this:

copy your scripts to cgi-bin/
add this to the top of the scripts:
#!../rebol/rebol -s

I don't know about the path thing though, you might have to experiment a
bit.

I see one danger here; what if something goes wrong and rebol prompts
starts popping up on the server screen :-/

I might be useful to have a rebol exe which under no circumstances would
require user interaction and would simply quit silently if anything went
wrong.

Good luck!

Thomas Jensen

On 20-Nov-99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have been working for some time now with PERL cgi, but so far I cannot
get
> any REBOL cgi programs running. Even the cgiform.r only opens up REBOL
> instead of returning the information submitted by the form.
>
> Can someone please explain to me exactly how to get this working? I am
using
> a commercial hosting service. I uploaded the REBOL.exe file to the rebol
> subdirectory, as well as cgiform.r and cgiform.html. I specified the path
> REBOL simply as #!rebol. You can go to
> http://www.webdomain.co.za/rebol/cgiform.html to see what happens next.
Does