Hi Brian,

the error seems to be in the ftp protocol implementation.
Looks to me like Rebol's waiting for a server response,
that it doesn't get. So it would be after the download is
completed, while closing the connection.

But you should wait for someone more experienced in
networking stuff.

regards,

Ingo

Those were the words of [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I am trying to author a script to download via ftp.  Yesterday I hurdled the
> problem of getting files bigger than 16 MB by using a function suggested by
> John to "chunk" the files into smaller pieces thus avoiding memory problems.
>
> Today, I have another problem.  It appears that I cannot transfer too many
> bytes in one batch.  I can transfer hundreds of small files at a time, no
> problem.  I can transfer a single file >100MB, a little slow, but no
> problem.  The problem lies when I transfer 5 files totaling 200+ MB.  I get
> a script error, either after or during (I am not sure on what line it dies)
> the transfer of the last file.  The error reads:
>
> ** Script Error: find expected series argument of type: series port bitset.
> ** Where: if not find/match/any server-said response
>
> Funny thing is 1) It looks like the files transferred fine when I look at
> the resulting directory, and 2) the line "if not find/match/any server-said
> response" does not exist anywhere in my script or any other rebol script on
> my system.
>
> Any clues would again be appreciated.
>
> Brian

Hi Rebols,