[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Petr,
>
> have you tried to set the http proxy settings? I.e.
>
> >> system/schemes/http/proxy/host: proxy.sec.trz.cz
> >> system/schemes/http/proxy/port-id: 3128
> >> system/schemes/http/proxy/type:  'socks.
> >> system/schemes/http/proxy/user: none
> >> system/schemes/http/proxy/pass: none

the strange thing is - netscape works. Well, I tried above, just instead of
'socks I used 'socks5 and instead of both 'none I used 'false, in other case
REBOL would use my default scheme's proxy setting, where I have 'user and
'pass set.

btw: shouldn't be proxy.sec.trz.cz enclosed in quotes? :-)

but, what is the system/schemes/http/host and system/schemes/http/port-id
for? I even tried set system/schemes/http/port-id to 3128, or directly site:
read http://www.rebol.com:3128, but it still doesn't help. Will
www.rebol.com be used for system/schemes/http/host?

It's strange direct communication with proxy server works fine, but 'read
should work too imho, unless there is bug in http protocol implementation???

-pekr-