Interesting.

I work for a/the local newspaper company and it would be hell to try and make everything accessible... so many different departments doing different things to the site - not to mention the old-school programmers that could care less about accessibility. Also, all of the third-party scripts we have going would make any type "standards upgrade" nearly impossible.

I would hate to own an e-commerce company that was in the same boat as above... If that ruling passes, I would like to see some sort of grandfather clause, or at least some sort of grace period.

I would imagine this would only apply to big-name e-commerce sites?

...Personal and/or small-business sites too? I know that a lot of folks use e-commerce apps/scripts which are far from being accessible. Can anyone name one app/script that does?

Am I missing the point here?

Cheers,
Micky

--