I experienced something very frustrating and had wasted many hours to find the culprit. Not sure if it's a new discovery or something that is known by many people, thought I share it with you and hopefully it can save you some grieve to try to figure what goes wrong in the future.

Was working on a page that uses (PVII) dropdown menu and it doesn't up in IE 6 & 7. I thought it was my code at question, turned out it was because I didn't upload the SWF file, thus causing dropdown menu not showing up.

You can see the page here
http://new.marinersq.com/html/aerobics.html

Soon as the flash banner  uploaded, it shows up fine.
http://new.marinersq.com/html/aerobics-3.html

Regards,

tee