-----Original Message-----
From: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thierry Koblentz
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:26 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] IE doesnt pickup the anchor

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Bojana Lalic wrote:
>> Is there a known problem with IE ignoring #anchors?
>
> That's called a fragment identifier.
>
>> For example, doing a search on
>> http://lorn.beta.flexiblelearning.net.au/lorn/go/home (in Firefox)
>> produces the following url:
>>
>> http://lorn.beta.flexiblelearning.net.au/lorn/search?...#resulttab
>>
>> However, doing a search on the same url but in IE produces the
>> following url:
>>
>> (There is no #resulttab at the end of the url in IE).
>
> IE6 seems to behave as if the fragment identifier were present (i.e.
> it scrolls the result page to the correct location) but it doesn't
> include it in the URI in the address bar.  Considering it gives the
> desired behaviour, I wouldn't worry too much.  It's just a bug in IE
> that can be ignored and there's nothing you can do to fix it anyway,
> except filing a bug report.

The problem is that keyboard users can't tab from that location, but
this
may not be related to the missing fragment identifier:
http://juicystudio.com/article/ie-keyboard-navigation.php

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received
this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If
you are not the intended
recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its
contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not
necessarily reflect those of
education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other
defects.
education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence
caused directly or indirectly by this email.