on 17/11/2006 14:36 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said the following:

Maybe should mention that these are menu links

If this is a menu, she should be using a list - not line breaks - for a whole host of reasons. Styling the padding/margins on the list elements then becomes a lot easier.

I'm not convinced that <br /> *should* be stylable in the way she sems to want. It's not a page element as such, merely a signal to perform a carriage return and line feed when redenring. As such the line height should be the same as that set for the rest of the paragraph.

This does not happen in her xhtml transitional version.

It could be that FF and Moz are being thrown into 'almost standards' mode:

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Gecko%27s_Almost_Standards_Mode

Side note: I've noticed in her html she is using tabindex, is that
standard?

Yes - it's compliant and valid markup but unless there are *really* good reasons for specifying tab indexes, I suggest she removes them and checks that the natural, unindexed, tab order is intuitive (ie top-to-bottom, left-to-right for a Western page). If the page has been manually checked for keyboard navigation accessibility, any warnings from accessibility parsers can be safely ignored.

Mel