The first meeting of the west coast chapter florida electric auto
association was a great success!

Even the downpour could not keep people away from the meeting.  15 people
were there as well as Cornelious' S-10, Matt's Jeep Cherokee, and James'
Prius.

I was very elated to meet and talk with everyone.  The need for a club in
this area was definitely proven correct.

I want to thank everyone who attended and especially thank those that drove
from south of the skyway to be there.  I'd also like to thank John for
driving all the way from Sarasota and help out.

George and Black Bay were very happy to see that their idea of starting an
electric vehicle business was not in vain. They look forward to a long
prosperous partnership in the promotion and building of electric vehicles
with the West Coast Florida Electric Auto Association.

For those unable to make it to the meeting don't forget this Saturday, the
28th, will be the meeting for those south of the bridge that couldn't drive
up to tarpon springs.

The parking area in on the north side of the US 41 bridge that goes from
bradenton to palmetto.  The nearest cross street is Riverside Drive and
Tamiami Trail / 8th ave West/ US 41 (all the same at that point).  I have
signs that will point in the right direction and hopefully some passers by
may stop to look.  We'll start the gathering at 10am and at 11 we'll do the
intros and such.  Tom's S-10 should be there and will provide discussion I
am sure.  Afterwards we can go to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Next month the Electric Vehicle Initiative will be in the Tampa St. Pete
area on their tour of Florida.  I'd think that tying in our next meeting
with them would be perfect.  We want the location to be as Public As
Possible so a good spot is being sought after.  Im Trying to get in touch
with st. pete and tampa city governments to see if they have any idea on how
we can do this.  Vinoy Park in St. Petersburg by the pier is one spot, or
Downtown Tampa and or Ybor City.  Would be interesting if we could get a
line of electric vehicles to drive around each downtown areas with media
coverage...  Nothing is in concrete and I have yet to hear back from each
city.