>               Hi Michele and All,
>
>                    I believe only utilities can sell
> electricity in Fla so you might want to check that out
> before buying meters. Of course I don't think the electric
> company will mess with those whom give them their Ok to do
> business. Or since they are the only ones, shame, reqire
> them into putting charging outlets in various places.
>                    Generally for quite a while the cost of
> charging EV's until there are more of them, is not going to
> be worth the cost, hassle to collect it. If an EV charge
> point spent more than $10/month on it's electric, probably
> much less, I'd be surprised.
>                   In my last, next EV I get 100mile range
> on $1.10 of electricity. Cities generally pay less by about
> 1/2 of that for electric, not worth charging for in the next
> say 5 yrs. By then the law should be changed and enough EV's
> to make charging pay for it's equipment, labor, bookkeeping.
>                                Jerry Dycus

those laws were written by utility companies to keep people from doing
business.  I think there could be a way around it.  If the electricity was
stored in batteries or collected by the sun you could argue that you have
already purchased the electricty so therefore can do with it as you wish.
Software and music companies had in there EULA that you could not resell the
software or music.  This was argued through the courts and the courts
determined that if you purchase something then you have the right to do with
it as you wish.

Yes the arguement can be made that you could not resell the electricty that
is constantly coming into your house/business but then again, you are buying
the electrons so once they pass the electric meter you should be ABLE to do
what you want with them.  Heck, the electric company says that they will
only repair the electric lines up to your meter, and after that is the
property owners responsibility.  So the electric that passes the meter
should also no longer be under control by the electric company and the
person should be able to do with it as they chose, even to sell the
electrons that were legally purchased from the electric company.