> Hello Shawn,
> I the meeting today I mentioned a movement in Finland to establish a
> cooperative effort to build several hundred EV's using a bulk buy approach
> and "open source" model for conversion, to Harvey Bennett. He and I were
> thinking that this idea may be of interest to FLEAA members, and may be a
> good initiative to propose at the Battery Beach Burnout. This is a summary
> ot the Finnish effort:
>
> http://www.sahkoautot.fi/eng:ev-press1
>
> Harvey and I envision building/converting EV's with a cooperative
> many-hands-on Workshop,  using the selected components, such as mentioned
> in
> the Finnish example. For example, following the bulk-buy of motors,
> batteries, etc. 6-10 people would congregate at Coastl Tire and
> collectively
> disassemble the IC auto and assemble the EV in one day (or so). This would
> be done for multiple copies of the EV on successive weekends (or so) up to
> several hundred...
>
> The FLEAA meetings, and Battery Beach Burnout would be good venues to see
> if
> the idea is of interest to enough people to proceed with the coop
> organization.
>
> Any interest?

This is what we are doing up in tarpon springs at the suneva meeting.  we
want more cars to convert and have put out the word that anyone can bring
their ice car and get it deiced and eved.

if anyone wants to provide the cars and the parts we'll be happy to build
the cars as many as we can do.

michael clark
president suneva
[EMAIL PROTECTED]