From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Daniel Brown
Sent: Wednesday, 19 November 2008 8:48 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [SPAM] RE: [OzMOSS] RE: create SharePoint development same as
production site

Ø  Why would it have be so hard to create a web-based GUI for theses (and
other) essential daily tasks that allowed a bit more control over the
various parameters and managed syntax while also providing a “Test” mode for
the less brazen?

Central Admin under Backup/Restore? Or Item level backup/restore level with
DPM? Or even batch script with use of STSADM to run on a schedule.

STSADM could of been made to support item level backup/.restore, but the
amount of effort/overhead involved in this via a CLI is pretty large, Should
the UI have supported it? Yes It should have.

Happy to Help,

DB