If you're using blend, you can add an image to a button simply by dragging the
image off the solution explorer onto the button. Make sure you make the button
the current layout item by double clicking it (it should get a yellow border).
It might pay to set the borer thicknesses to 0 as well...

It's a lot more work to change the mouse over etc states, but certainly
something you should look into. Right click the button,  and look for edit
template. Have an explore around there, and listen to the following podcasts
(they're short).

http://www.sparklingclient.com/templating-in-silverlight-with-jesse-liberty/

http://www.sparklingclient.com/going-deep-with-the-visual-state-manager/

You'll definitely want to spend some time just experimenting and trying to
figure this out...

Cheers - Rob

www.robfe.com