I am currently in what appears to be exactly the same situation as
Jonathan was.

I just upgraded a TFS Server from 2005 to 2008 on new hardware after
performing a restoration based move. The move went fine and SharePoint
was working as expected.

Becasue it was a new TFS 2008 installation I integrated SP1 into the TFS
2008 install.

There were no VS2008 client components installed on the machine. The
upgrade went fine and SharePoint was working as expected.

I then installed Team Explorer,VS 2008 SP1, and Team System Web Access.
SharePoint now doesn't work and shows the same errors as Jonathan.

We hadn't yet upgraded SharePoint to 3.0.

If a SharePoint upgrade fixes things then I'd say that there appears to
be a TFS 2008 SP1, VS2008 SP1, and SharePoint dependency on a TFS 2008
application tier.

i.e. SharePoint must be upgraded to 3.0 before installing VS 2008 SP1 on
a TFS 2008 AT.

I'll let you know if a SharePoint upgrade fixes thngs.

Cheers,

David Feilen
ES - Release and Technical Support Team
Employment Systems Group
Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
http://www.deewr.gov.au <http://www.deewr.gov.au/>
Ph. 6121 8393
Ext. 68393