I've set breakpoints in every callback I could find, after my doEventLoop() call, etc. When I kill my internet connection mid-stream, I hit none of these breakpoints.

OK, it sounds like you're blocking in your RTSP client "ANNOUNCE" operation. This will not be a problem in the upcoming "RTSPClient" restructuring (that will make all RTSP client operations asynchronous).

I am using the DarwinInjector, if that changes anything.

E.g., you can periodically (i.e., using "TaskScheduler::scheduleDelayedTask()") check that new data keeps arriving (into whatever object you're feeding from your "RTPSource" subclass). There's certainly no need to change any of the supplied "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code for this.<http://lists.live555.com/mailman/listinfo/live-devel>

This is code that is pushing AV to a server online--unless I'm checking for RTCP stuff, data shouldn't be "arriving," should it?

OK, so you would need to check for RTCP packets - assuming that Darwin sends them; I don't know whether it does. If so, you could do this using "RTCPInstance::setRRHandler()" (assuming that Darwin sends RTCP "RR" packets in response to "ANNOUNCE" data).
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.