fickle fun wrote:
> I could use some help. Trying LFS for the 1st time. Ran into a snagg
> with LiveCD. Tried to create 'mkdir -v ../binutils-build' as per LFS6,

This is a question that belongs to a different list.

> got 'permission denied'. Had to restart from scratch, would prefer to
> load the CD to a partition on the hard drive, and build LFS on another
> partition on the same hard drive. Already created both partitions. Need
> help on how to install live CD to HD.

Please read the "BOOTING FROM ISO IMAGE" section in the /root/README.txt file
included on the CD. In short, you don't need two partitions, just copy the iso
file, the kernel, and the initramfs image onto one of them, and set up GRUB.

But note that this won't simplify restarting, as all changes will still be lost
after rebooting.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov