Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> ~snip~

>  Any other alternatives?

PCLinuxOS is a livecd, only required package missing from the cd is
bison, and PCLinuxOS will allow you to install it into the live os,
though naturally you have to do so at every reboot.

debian based, and fairly stable. KDE and runlevel 5 defaults. and PCLOS
has been reported by others I know to have very good support for
wireless networking, better than Ubuntu actually for most of them.

I've been running through an install from an installed version of
PCLinuxOS, and the only issue to date is the bison / yacc requirement
for bash.

Jaqui