As I underestood it, Peter Schaffter, you connect MIDI signals from some
instruments in Musescore to the corresponding sf2 instruments in LMMS, and
then record from LMMS live output. LMMS is not made for live play, yet, and
only exports without missing notes, perfectly. It is widely known that it
sometimes skips some notes, and this is the way the core of the program is
built, so JACK wouldn't fix that, unfortunately. We have a vision to
rewrite the core of LMMS to be RT (Real Time) safe, but we either need a
good developer with a hell of a lot of time, or money to pay for one.

Exporting isn't an option because I'm not using the Song Editor.

But why? You only import the MIDI file produced by MuseScore, then it
appears in the Song Editor in LMMS (which you don't even have to touch),
and then export from LMMS. I reckon that combining audiofiles in Audacity
or some other free program shouldn't be a big problem for you. So the
question is, why don't you "use" the Song Editor?

--
Hilsen
Stian Jørgensrud