On Feb 8, 2008, at 2:41 AM, Andreas Grob wrote:

Hi,

I'm not familiar with ant, apr, ... So, I don't know what to do next. Can please
anybody help me?

Cheers
~ Andreas

Sorry, trying to get the release candidate out and things are flying pretty furious.

The ultimate answer will be in new build pages on the web site that will document all the changes that have occurred. Unfortunately, that means at the moment things are subject to change minute by minute.

First, update your cpptasks to the current SVN HEAD.

Second, the build.xml no longer attempts to download APR or APR-Util, but expects to find them or have their location explicitly specified. On Windows, the easiest way is to either untar or unzip releases of apr and apr-util in the same directory that has log4cxx or to check out versions to those directories, so you end up with something like:

$ dir c:\
[apr]
[apr-util]
[log4cxx]
$ cd log4cxx
$ ant

Basically, it follows the same scheme as the VC6 builds for APR which requires that apr, apr-util and apr-iconv be children of the same parent directory.

The find logic essentially checks /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib and ../apr in that order. If you want to explicitly specify a location, use - Dwith-apr=PATH.