ok, so I literally do just follow those directions. Cool, just thought it was odd. Thanks Curt.

On 18/04/2007, at 9:14 AM, Curt Arnold wrote:

On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:52 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

Ok, I tried adding the jms dependency to the receivers pom.xml, but try as I might to fight with the maven settings.xml I continually get this error:

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms \
          -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) log4j:apache-log4j-receivers:jar:0.1-SNAPSHOT
        2) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  log4j:apache-log4j-receivers:jar:0.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Here's the diff of the pom.xml, I copied this snippet from the log4j's pom.xml, assuming it would work..:

Is it just me?

Paul

A lot of Sun's stuff has licenses that preclude redistribution such as packing them into the Maven repo. So there is a description of the resource, but you have to manually download the stuff from Sun's site and then run the install command to put it into your local repo.

JMS 1.1 can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/products/jms/ docs.html

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee. The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of this message upon the recipient's computer system.