If you set the log level to OFF, that is the same to null appender.

Best Regards.
Xi Yuxiang

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2003年6月18日 20:54
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: NullAppender for Download

Howdy,

>I'm using log4j in my JSP project, which I want to provide on CD now.
>As the logger cannot write to CD, I'm looking for the
>org.apache.log4j.performance.NullAppender class to prevent
>access-denied-errors.
>I found several java-doc descriptions for the NullAppender but no site
>where I could download the class.
>Can anyone send me the file or a link to it?

Did you see the part of the JavaDoc, in red font, that says:
"The org.apache.log4j.performance.NullAppender class is intended for
internal use only. Consequently, it is not included in the log4j.jar
file." ;) ;)

There's the org.apache.log4j.varia.NullAppender class that does come
with the distribution.

Neither I think is a good idea: why not just use a console appender
instead of the null one?

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.