Having problems with isolation/interference with use of Log4j from other vendors and
our application server (JOnAS http://www.bullsoft.com/ejb/index.html) and now JMeter.
Our application consists of Java applications and ejbs, etc... web-application
solutions (I've seen) for isolation do not help. Since there appears to be a single
instance of the root logger in a JVM, and since pieces of our application may be
running the same JVM (I have no control over this nor do I wish to endure any such
burden) with 3rd party software, and we all want to configure the logging, how the
heck do we avoid this conflict.

I'd would like to end this once and for all. I would appreciate any suggestions from
the group.

I'm fairly new to log4j and this mailing list - sorry if this has been covered before.

Joe Weder