Hi,

i am a bit puzzled on how i should do an apriori validation of a log4j.xml in
log4j1.3 (without applying it to a LoggerRepository).

can I still use the .dtd? but I am wondering whether the .dtd is still in sync
with what is happening in the JoranConfigurator, e.g. if i remember well the
.dtd still contains <log4j:configuration>, while the JoranConfigurator only
accepts <configuration>.

or should i use a temporary LoggerRepository, apply a configuration with the
JoranConfigurator to it and check whether it returns any errors?

cheers,
dirk