I never had to deal with jar's in war's. Therefore I don't know what you want
to say with this.
My question was if the two services are running within separate threads within
the same JVM. If this is the case, the solution would be to use a self written
repository selector and MDC. The MDC is kept on a per thread basis where you
can store informations to identify your service. This information can then be
used by the repository selector to return different repositories and therefore
different logger instances although they are named equally. Simply said: you
can have a root logger for each of your services.

Heri