Thanks Heri for you advice.

The pattern with having the date also for current files is not fix. I can
live with the pattern applicationlog.<clientid>.log for the most current
log.

Your solution was to implement a custom RepositorySelector, wasn't it?

What I can't see in your solution was the place where I set the filename.
You've said something about getting the FileAppender?

Can you please explain?

Christian