I answered this same question on the dev list a week ago since you apparently
cross posted to both. Here it is again.

Your issue is related to you starting and stopping the LoggerContext while your
application is in an unknown state.  I can think of a few ways to deal with
this.

1. Never shutdown the LoggerContext and only use RoutingAppenders. Each
application should set its own key for the Route so that each uses their own
Appenders. During shutdown of the application only shutdown the Appenders that
apply to the applications Route.
2. Partition your application so that the main application and each batch job
use their own ClassLoader. The ClassLoaderContextSelector (the default) will
then create a LoggerContext for each ClassLoader and each can have its own
configuration.
3. Use the JndiContextSelector and have each application and batch job use a
unique JNDI name. This will allow each to have its own LoggerContext. However,
if any of the classes use static Loggers and those classes are in a ClassLoader
shared by the application and batch jobs then those Loggers will be tied to the
LoggerContext used when they Loggers were first obtained. So this solution may
not completely work for you.

Ralph