I've seen an email from Piers Williams in december asking about this.

Basically - in an ASP.NET application - none of the existing contexts
are "safe" to use.

I'd like to remedy this. There are two ways forward that I can see.

1. Add a new WebContext class.
2. Change the ThreadLogicalContext class to use the HttpContext if
required. The safest way to do this would be to add a configuration
option to <log4net isWeb="true"> and test for this in
ThreadLogicalContext.

I (probably) prefer 2 because it means your Business layer does not
need to be aware of whether or not it is running in a web context.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this or done any work here already?

j.