Have you looked at XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j? That defines a custom XML layout.
Perhaps you could use a similiar strategy for creating an RSS-friendly XML
layout.

----- Original Message ----
From: raj1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: log4net-dev@logging.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:21:09 PM
Subject: Question about rollingfileappender

I want to use RollingFileAppender class but I want to log the messages in a
RSS based format.  I tried extending from RollingFileAppender and overriding
the Append method, but was unable to do much except call the base class
Append method.  Is it possible to write to the file that is maintained in
the base class without calling base.Append?