Hello,

  I'm trying to log events to ChainSaw using the UdpAppender.  However, even
after following the directions on the web site I keep getting the message:

log4net:ERROR [UdpAppender] Unable to send logging event to remote host ::1
on port 8080.

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An address incompatible with the
requested protocol was used

   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)

   at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send(Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes,
IPEndPoint endPoint)

   at log4net.Appender.UdpAppender.Append(LoggingEvent loggingEvent)

A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in
com.sungard.servicemanagement.AuthListService_200708.InfoModel.DLL

The thread 0x918 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

<appender name="UdpAppender" type="log4net.Appender.UdpAppender">

    <remoteAddress value="127.0.0.1" />

    <remotePort value="8080" />

    <layout type="log4net.Layout.XmlLayoutSchemaLog4j">

        <locationInfo value="true" />

    </layout>

</appender>

Firewall rules are in place to allow UDP:8080 traffic and netStat shows an
open listener on port 8080.

I'm at a loss, any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott