I have a collection of related tools that write to a shared log, generally
at the INFO or WARNING level.

One of the tools has a separate log that it writes to at a lower level
(DEBUG or TRACE).  But I still want higher priority messages to show up in
the shared log.

The problem that I am having is that the DEBUG log messages for the tool
also go into the shared log.

I've tried changing the threshold for the shared log to INFO

  log4perl.appender.SharedLog.Treshold = INFO

but the DEBUG messages still get added to it.

I've also tried using a subcategory:

  log4perl.logger.mytool = INFO, SharedLog
  log4perl.logger.mytool.debug = DEBUG, DebugLog

and then using

  $logger = get_logger("mytool.debug");

but still the DEBUG messages show up in the SharedLog.

Thanks in advance,
Rob