Hi,

Do you know if anyone has had any success with using Log4perl in Strawberry
Perl?

The reason I ask is that I'm using Strawberry Perl for the first time and a
script that normally works in Activestate Perl is not working in Strawberry
Perl.

The error I get is "undefined value provided for log level at
C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 80".

I've extracted some lines on my script below, so you can see how I setup and
use Log4perl.

Please could you let me know if you can think of anything I can try to get
this working.

Thanks,

Richard.

use strict;
use warnings;

use Date::Manip;
use Log::Log4perl;

use Storable;

use String::Parity;
use String::Parity qw(:DEFAULT /show/);

use IO::Socket;
use Time::HiRes qw(time);
<snip>
my $log_conf1 = q/
log4perl.category                                    = INFO, Logfile,
Logscreen
log4perl.appender.Logfile                            =
Log::Dispatch::FileRotate
log4perl.appender.Logfile.filename                   = /;

my $log_conf2 = q/
log4perl.appender.Logfile.mode                       = append
log4perl.appender.Logfile.DatePattern                = yyyy-mm-dd
log4perl.appender.Logfile.TZ                         = GMT0BST
log4perl.appender.Logfile.layout                     =
Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.Logfile.layout.ConversionPattern   = %d %m %n

log4perl.appender.Logscreen                          =
Log::Log4perl::Appender::Screen
log4perl.appender.Logscreen.str                      = 0
log4perl.appender.Logscreen.layout                   =
Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.Logscreen.layout.ConversionPattern = %m %n

/;

my
$log_conf=sprintf("%s%s.%s.log\n%s",$log_conf1,$ScriptNoExt,$dateformat,$log_conf2);

Log::Log4perl::init( \$log_conf );

my $logger = Log::Log4perl::get_logger();
<snip>