On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, David Christensen wrote:

> I'd like to upgrade
> everything to whatever is consider best (or better)
> practices.

Actually, :easy mode macros and get_logger() are identical in function,
the difference is just typing convenience.

I personally use :easy macros like DEBUG and INFO in conjunction with
log4perl configuration files, unless for really simple scripts for which
easy_init() is more appropriate.

--
-- Mike

Mike Schilli