On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Gangemi, Jae wrote:

>  am i missing something w/ this idea or will i need to re-initialize
>  log4perl w/ a new configuration in order to make this work?

You're not saying how your call into the system works, I presume that
you're using a signal handler or some such to run a function that
manipulates the logger on a received signal. Then, somehow Log4perl gets
reinitialized by calling init() and it's back to normal. With mod_perl,
this happens e.g. when Apache starts a new child process, I suspect
something similar is happening in your embedded system.

I wonder why you're not simply using init_and_watch() and modify the
external config file to regularly check and reload it?

--
-- Mike

Mike Schilli
m...@perlmeister.com