Following on from recent topics, can anyone point me at any scripts to help
with breaking up mailbox files?

I did have one, but that used the From field which unfortunately get's munged
if you use Formail/Procmail to reprosses a mailbox. Ideally I'm looking for
something that uses the Date: field and would take as input a month and year,
e.g.: March 2001, a mailbox, e.g.: london-pm and create a new file of the
mails matching those criteria, suitably named, say london-pm.2001.03.

Pointers to something suitable are fine but please bear in mind my perl is
rudimentary... okay it's non-existent :-)

Neil.