On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 02:12:14PM +0100, dcross - David Cross wrote:

> I'm having trouble building HTML::Parser on an AIX box. It's the first time
> I've tried to build and install an XS module, so it's quite possible that
> it's a wider issue.
>
> t/unbroken-text.....Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so' for
> module HTML::Parser: dlopen: blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so: A file or
> directory in the path name does not exist. at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/aix/DynaLoader.pm line 168.
>
> Running ls -l blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so shows that the file
> exists and is readable.

What does file(1) tell you about that, and about a *working* loadable module
somewhere in the perl distribution?

> The build process seems to be using IBM's own C compiler rather than gcc.

Which compiler was used to build perl?  And which libraries did it use -
IBM's, or GNU's?

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **