On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 03:22:25PM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

>                                        Perhaps the difference between your
> set of leaders and mine, is that the ones you mentioned all had personality
> cults to a degree, although in the case of Churchill I wouldn't have said
> so.

There certainly seems to be one around his memory now :-(  And of the ones
I listed, I would have thought de Gaulle was far weaker than Churchill in
the personality-cult stakes.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh