On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 01:19:27PM +0200, Merijn Broeren wrote:
> My pike loving friend was amused to see Perl and Python trounced. But
> the testing rig was written in Perl at least.

I was astounded by the performance of Ocaml.

Being forced by an insane lecturer to debug an obfuscated Ocaml
program when I was a student rather put me off the language.
(And _boy_ can you write obfuscated Ocaml programs if you try!
User-definable infix operators are an especially nice touch in
that regard)

Why isn't Ocaml more popular? Is there a good reason?

 .robin.

--
"Sometimes I sit in front of my washing machine and contemplate the
 worthlessness of life.  My washing machine isn't even plugged in."