----- Original Message -----
From: Dean S Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: pc components

> >>If your in London then forget mail order and go to TCR on a
> Saturday,
> >>you get to take home what you pay for and with the drop in spending
> >>lately its getting easier to haggle the price down.
>
> >Are you refering to the 'computer fair' or just TCR in general?
> Both to a degree. From the shops I've been in recently it seems that
> they are more willing to drop the price a bit than see you go to one
> of the fairs. For once the consumers the winner.

I got a 30Gig 7200 RPM (Samsung I think) disk for £95 at the fairs.  Works
like a dream.

The Geek meet afterwards in a nearby watering hole is good fun too.
Apparently it is Craig 'Red Dwarf' Charles's regular and he was there a few
weeks ago when we were there.  Not as pretty as Buffy or Willow about as
close as you can get (sort of).