Can you believe it?  We're five years old!

To celebrate this, on Thursday 7th August (that's a week on Thursday,
nine days from now) we're going back to where it all started, the Cittie
of Yourke pub on high Holborn (though to be fair we'll be meeting in the
downstairs bar now we've grown so much.)  Come along and celebrate with
us.  They'll be cake, and maybe some party hats.  And say the magic phrase
'It's our party and I'll drink if you want me to' and I'll buy you a
magic birthday pint[1].

 http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?P2M?P=WC1V6BN&Z=1
 http://london.pm.org/meetings/locations/cittieofyorke.html
 http://openguides.org/london/index.cgi?Cittie_Of_Yorke,_WC1V_6BN

Full directions to the pub are at the end of this mail.  Social meetings
are a chance for people to meet up and see each other face to face, to
discuss Perl, or just for some random banter.  Everyone's free to attend,
from hard core Perl hackers to those that are simply vaguely associated
with London Perl Mongers - everyone always finds something to talk about,
even if it just about the beer.  Hopefully, it being our fifth birthday and
all, people who haven't been able to make every meeting will be able to
attend this one.

Directions: The pub is really easy to find...

 From Holborn Station: (Central & Piccadilly 38/19 Bus)
  You need to walk east down the north side of Holborn, and the pub
  will be on your left.

  Holborn station is on the corner of Kingsway and Holborn.  When you come
  out of the station, turn right down Holborn and walk east.  There's
  a pelican crossing by the Penderal's Oak.  Cross the road so you're on
  the north hand side, turn right and continue east.  The pub will be on
  your left.

 From Chancery Lane (Central Line):
  You need to get on the north side of Holborn and walk west, and the pub
  will be on your right.

I hope to see you there, if not before at the smaller meet tomorrow that
Nick Clarke just posted an announcement for.

Mark.

[1] One pint per attendee, with maximum limit of 50 pints in the evening.
Acceptable beverages to be decided solely by me.  Offer only valid in the
Cittie of Yorke between 7pm-10pm on 7th Aug 2003.  Purchases entirely at
my discretion.  My decision is final.  No cash alternative.  Pints may
not actually be magic.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -T
use strict;