Je 2003-09-08 10:18:58 +0100, Peter Sergeant skribis:
> http://blackhairy.demon.co.uk/notes/exim-helo-block.html

Thanks for this! I implemented the rejecting plain IP and non-FQDN
suggestions rejecting rfc-breaching [EH]LO strings, and now it's cheaply
550'ing hundreds every day here.

I wonder what the long-term falsepos rate is... I've had one definite
falsepos from a server announcing itself with an IP address so you
really need a whitelist to go with it and occasional scans of logs and/or
some reporting mechanism.

  accept  condition    = ${lookup {$sender_helo_name}
lsearch{/etc/mail/whitelist_helo}{yes}{no}}

before the deny's.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If nobody cared, then jennifer Aniston."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/